breeeding cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnaflow

Aquarium Advice Regular
If you guys didn't read a post I had before about which one to buy I have another question. I got 2 shrimp from a guys who was selling them. One of them is full of eggs. I was thinking of letting them hatch and selling them to the lfs. But how do I keep these suckers alive and safe. There 2 saddleback clown fish in with them. I was thinking of stickign in a divider but don't know if that will be a good idea. Also he said the eggs have been there for about 2 weeks. HOw much long till they pop out?

Quite seriously, don't waste your time. Lysmata sp. cleaner shrimp are difficult to raise in captivity. They will breed easily enough and the young will hatch but they will rarely make it though the first few weeks (days even) unless you set up a system (kreisel tank) specific to their benefit.

This article may give you some insight if you wish to persue it though... Not the same species but the theory is the same.

Captive Observations of Fire Shrimp Larvae

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom