Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We bought some live brine shrimp last night, Fish went bonkers for it when we put it in there. My question is since we didn't put it all in there we put it in a 5 gallon that we had and have an airstone going a heater (because it's in the garage). My question is any suggestions on what to feed them to make them better for our fish when they eat them? Thanks!

hmm people do this kind of thing for reptiles all the time. They call it "Gut Loading". I would imagine if you looked at some of the homemade recipies people have talked about you could probably use any number of their ingrediants as food for the brine shrimp. What do brine shrimp eat normaly though? are they a filter feeder type of critter?

I've contemplated setting up a brine tank myself.. please post up how it goes for you! I'd be very interested in hearing your exploits!

I've always fed adult brine a high quality flake food for gut loading. However, IMO, no matter what you do to the shrimp, they are still 99% water.

So no matter what we feed them they really isn't going to be any nutrient factor for them, hmm back to what I was feeding the fish. Our unknown blenny loves them they don't last in the tank very long.

Here's a pic of our setup for the brine.

Thanks for your advice! :)

hey.. isn't that the tank from that CBS/Tetra fiasco? LOL

you got a ton of them in there, where did you get them from? if you don't mind my asking?

Has anyone else kept live brine shrimp like Salt4Us? is it worth it?

We got them from our LFS last night, it was 2 bucks for a large bag of them, should have only gotten a small bag. We've had the tank for a long time, I'm not familiar with the CBS/Tetra thing.

Our LFS is called Fish 2000, we mainly buy food and dry goods and some corals there but wouldn't buy fish from there, they are overcrowded and in very small tanks. But he beats anyones prices on dry goods so that's the only reason we go there.

Back
Top Bottom