Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
brittle sea stars: Good or bad?

I just put 8 pounds of liverock into my new 50 gallon saltwater tank. I just noticed two brittle sea stars that floated off the rock and are starting to move around the tank. I plan on making it a reef tank so do I need to irradicate them or are they harmless?

Gpsdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Brittle stars will be ok with most corals. No worries. They are a very common hitchhiker!!

When you buy tanks, just to sell them for more money then use that extra cash for your own fish.....You have a problem!
Shark_Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Are they mini bristle stars??? They are kinda stripped purple/black it looks like. I have thousands. I love having then although would like to slow down population.
Mpfaff77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search