Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
true and they will kill some of your snails do to their shield, also make sure they are blue leg i heard somewhere that red leg were bad

Old 11-06-2009, 02:25 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i have a brown algea problem too i currently have 5 very large turbos and alot of nassauru snails that came with my live rock and have since reperduced and become a small plague but still dont harm my tank even with all these my alage doesnt relent,
and my tank is a year or so old, i have to agree about hermits they are a pain red legged ones are anyways i removed all mine they where striping my live rock of all coraline algea and kelp.

i have a smaller speices of hermit in there its black with red antena and little white spots on his leggs and he is incredible passive and none thretning to my tank just eats algea and deteria if i knew what species he was i would sugest it but also anouther hitch hiker on my live rock lol

Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nassa snails will not eat algae. I believe that the Hawaiian convict Hermit is an algae eater and makes for a great Hermit if you have to have Hermits in your tank. They have black and white legs,
Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got a couple of those convict hermit crabs last week for a small patch of hair algae that I couldn't get to go away, they nearly have it gone. The margaritas are a snail the prefers cooler water and don't long. Dwarf Cerith eat diatoms, cyano, film algae, detritus, and hair algae but their favorite is the film algae in my tank.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
Nassa snails will not eat algae. I believe that the Hawaiian convict Hermit is an algae eater and makes for a great Hermit if you have to have Hermits in your tank. They have black and white legs,
True they wont eat the algae but they will shift the sand. Also somethin that you can do is try to siphone it out or kind of move it wit your net

Tags
algae, brown algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com