BTA Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich42082

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is my week old Green BTA dieing? It's moved under this rock and has stayed there since I placed it in the tank. I have not fed it since I got it to not disturb it till it gets comfortable. It's mouth seems to be a little inflated. I've had my tank for over a year now and I'm using the Nova Extreme pro 8X54 watt T5 lights. I just recently changed out my bulbs.

image-1402674339.jpg

Its hard to tell from the pic but its most likely just trying to adjust to your tank. Eventually it will stick some tenticles out to take in some light and then later come out or move to a more comfortable spot.

Not the greatest pic but... Like mentioned could just be getting use to your tank/lights. Nems are sensitive also have you checked you parameters? Maybe a better pic?

My nem moved all over the tank for a while until it was happy. My concern would be of it stayed there for a long period of time and didn't move. Usually they will notice there not in a good spot and will move to a better one.

Just keep an eye on it and check your parameters.

Well I fed it 2 silver sides and it ate. It's found this spot and has not moved. It's not getting much light where it is right now.

Alk: 8.9.
Mag: 1300
Calc: 420
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

It's hard to get a better picture but here are some more.

image-1350095423.jpg

image-2500479979.jpg

image-2637960831.jpg

I'm no expert but it looks healthy. It will realize its in a bad spot and move.

It may not. As mentioned in another post on here you should get some light on it. Led or pc from the side/front of the tank.

Actually. Looking at all the algae you have. Your tank parameters are off. The anemone won't survive long in that environment . You need to take the bta back till you get the algae under control.

What is your phosphate measuring? Even if it is reading 0 you have a problem. Same with you nitrate reading above. The algae is consuming your phosphates and nitrates.

You have enough light. When did you change the lamps out? After you got the anemone, and THEN, it scooted under the rock?

I got the light before the anenome.

The algae was a lot worse and it has been slowly going away. I was sent away for work for 2 months and my skimmer and phosban reactor had stopped working.

Here's a before and after picture. I'm waiting on my test kit to test for phosphates.

I was able to feed it two silversides.

image-2794221712.jpg

image-1011131775.jpg

2 silver sides is a lot of food for that small anemone. They only need a little bit. Eating is good however, and I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. Give it time to acclimate to the strong light. I feel that if it was a water quality issue, it might let go and bounce around the tank looking for a better spot, than scooting under and shielding itself from light, but then- they don't have brains so who really knows why they do what they do.
Did you see my post about aiming a light at it from the front of the tank? It might be something to consider if it stays put.

No I didn't see that post. What light would you recommend?

That should work. I'll check lowes today to see if i can find a similar light.

Back
Top Bottom