Bta not latching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoryB

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings

My bubble tip refuses to latch to anything. It's floating all over the tank. It was stuck in a power head earlier today but seems to be better, full of color and open.

Salinity 1.025
Ammo 0
Trites 0
Trates 0

I fed him earlier today and it ate. I tried holding it on a rock but no matter where I put it it will not latch. His foot is a bit injured from the powerhead fiasco.

Below is a picture of his foot. Should I take him back to Lfs or should I wait it out for a few days?

image-4076930910.jpg

Is this mature tank of at least a year old? Do you have intense lighting? Some questions that might help you to take it back or not.

The tanks a year old. I have 20 3 watt Cree leds. I added the nem last night.

It seems to be latching to the glass in the corner of the tank for a few mins, letting go floating around the tank end up back in the same corner. Repeat.

I tried picking it up and holding it loosely on a rock but the min I let go so does it

I just don't want to go to work for 12 hrs come back and my tank is nuked.

Maybe put it in a low flow area so it can get time to latch on to something.

I would say the corner it is in is the lowest flow I took out the power head and only the return pump is running.

So I guess I'll just leave it and hope for the best.

I would say the corner it is in is the lowest flow I took out the power head and only the return pump is running. So I guess I'll just leave it and hope for the best.

You can't really go without circulation ,
Gas exchange is very important

Yeah the return pump is fairly powerful. It's definitely creating some ripples in the surface.
The power head I have is crapy Petco one, I order a hydro nano.

I don't have a net or sponge to wrap around the power head and I don't want it to get sucked up again.

It's been in the corner for an hour it's tips are moving around a bit so there is some flow maybe that's it's spot but not too viewable. It looks like half of its foot Is on the glass so maybe there is hope for this guy yet.

Yeah the return pump is fairly powerful. It's definitely creating some ripples in the surface. The power head I have is crapy Petco one, I order a hydro nano. I don't have a net or sponge to wrap around the power head and I don't want it to get sucked up again. It's been in the corner for an hour it's tips are moving around a bit so there is some flow maybe that's it's spot but not too viewable. It looks like half of its foot Is on the glass so maybe there is hope for this guy yet.

I heard bta are known to travel a lot and most common for getting caught in power heads ,
You can change up the flow and hope it moves off of the glass .
I have a ritteri and it seamed to travel for the longest time but never off of the rocks .
Never on the glass .

Is the glass a bad thing?

I know I would prefer latching onto live rock.

Good to know. This is my first nem and it seems there is a sharp learning curve. That and I have some pretty bad luck so far with this poor guy.

Thank you all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom