BTA PICK Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
So.... I took the day off of work today, and of course I made my way to the LFS. I picked up a CUC because I really did not have that much of a CUC. but anyways I saw a BTA and decided what the heck I will see how this goes with my Clowns I know they are either going to host or not. I really don't mind if they don't but here are a few shots of my first BTA....

img_950885_0_c4bd78f19be56eb2092d51458971b67a.jpg

My clown fish just keep stearing it down like What is THAT!
img_950885_1_683c80adb3074e6b9b5e5118cc08659a.jpg

It actually on the move I guess it did not like the spot I chose for it. :)
img_950885_2_f68015a64f0a2b3f59233a845e4b7fec.jpg

I just hope all goes well. Alright this might sound retarded but how do you know if your clown will host will they just start playing in it? or will it just take them few days. Just asking never really experience the whole Anemone and Clown fish relationship... :)

It takes a few days usually. It'll explore it. The anemone will move around until it finds the spot it wants, so I'd let it do it's thing.

I have never been able to get my BTA to stay where I put it by moving the anemone itself, but if I move the rock it is on it never leaves it.

Mine never took to an anenome so I cant help you with that but it sure does look nice. That`s a Rose bubble tip anenome. I have a friend that has one and it splits every couple months.

They definitely go through an acclimation period, lol. It'll come around and settle down, I'm sure.

Well for the past 24 hr's my Clowns have just been staring this thing down and hovering over it like What are we suppose to do with this it's in our hosting area.... I was just talking with my wife and she stated that my larger clown was really close picking at it.... I think that might be a good sign that they might host... I have my Fingers Crossed:???:

Sweet looking BTA... I want one too :)
A BTA will most likely be my Next Livestock Purchase.. For the same reasons as you.. Hoping my two False P. Clowns make it their home.

Anemones are very cool. Are there any that can harm a person when cleaning a tank or when you get one and put it on your reef? Does it matter if the tentacles touch your arm or hand? I'm not trying to hi-jack your thread...just interested. Your BTA is beautiful!!

Success!!! My Female Clown Is Hosting

Well I was watching my female clown fish just guard my RBTA like if she just bought a new house. Little did I know she started making her bed. and boy did she ever.... I got a few shot of the Success of my Female hosting my RBTA... Check it out

img_951509_0_2235132098c7449a4a4130dc1de11285.jpg

She is loving it.
img_951509_1_23a3c987c27136b1ef2f49b8f33ce7e9.jpg

My best Shot
img_951509_2_290028a21aca2af130fc0baf21165d30.jpg

I was so excited I really did not think this was going to happen.:bowl::bowl::bowl:

Back
Top Bottom