Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nems will move till they find a happy place and it seems yours has found it. I have a Condy nem and I never feed it I just rely on the water colum and light. My clowns are tank raised so they have never gone near it even though most clowns won't host condys. I would advice against a third clown just asking for trouble.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal A View Post
Nems will move till they find a happy place and it seems yours has found it. I have a Condy nem and I never feed it I just rely on the water colum and light. My clowns are tank raised so they have never gone near it even though most clowns won't host condys. I would advice against a third clown just asking for trouble.

yea i was thinking the same thing, i could get another small fish other than a clown that will host the BTA instead. i also am going to get another BTA and put it on the other side of the tank. Maybe i'll get lucky and the clowns will host that one. My chems are good so i am not worried about adding another in a few weeks after my tank catches up with the current stock.
which in this case is just the BTA and 2 clowns.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
There isn't any other fish besides clownfish that go near anemones. If the ones you have were interested in this green bta, chances are they will pair up with it eventually.
I think the anemone is getting used to the tank as well. In the last picture it seems as though it's starting to come out in the open a bit.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
There isn't any other fish besides clownfish that go near anemones. If the ones you have were interested in this green bta, chances are they will pair up with it eventually.
I think the anemone is getting used to the tank as well. In the last picture it seems as though it's starting to come out in the open a bit.

can multiple pairs of clows live in the same tank without bothering each other?
i could get a pair of tomato's. but if they will be attacked by the ocellaris's then i won't.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's hard to say. I was always told no, but I've seen a person here and there that pulled it off.
I would definitely not try it in a 20 gallon. I would sit tight and see how they adjust. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

tru, i think i'll just sit tight. maybe i'll add another BTA, and just let him find his spot too, I might get lucky and he will find a spot up front, instead of in a cave, lol.

simple numbers, the more BTA's i have, the more chance the clowns will host one.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

i need some more advice on my BTA. i tried spot feeding him today. and he stung himself and shrivled up. i did a light spot feeding out of an air tube. the tiny crustations gently fell on him and the BTA was upset i guess.
i feed him Piscine Energetics PE Mysis + Cyclop-eeze

Old 01-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anemones can't sting themselves. That green BTA seems like it's losing color. It's not going to eat cyclo-peeze. They are too small.
Was the mysis still somewhat frozen? If they were, the cold temp might have stressed the anemone. I've done that before-put a partially thawed piece of fish on an anemone's tentacle, and it did not like it.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Anemones can't sting themselves. That green BTA seems like it's losing color. It's not going to eat cyclo-peeze. They are too small.
Was the mysis still somewhat frozen? If they were, the cold temp might have stressed the anemone. I've done that before-put a partially thawed piece of fish on an anemone's tentacle, and it did not like it.
AHHHH, you know that might be tru, it was thawing for 10 minutes, maybe it was a bit too cold, next time i will swap out the water a few more times to bring up the temp. as for it's color, it's been this same way since i got him, i checked the chems and i have 0 nitrite, 0 amonia, 0 nitrate.
i am starting to get a diatom bloom as well, i'm sure it's cause of the feeding. i've only fed the fish 2x a week with a very small amount.

i will continue to keep a close eye on them. The clowns in the tank are doing great, eating everything and playing with each other.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

My son and I used a small terra-cotta pot from the craft store. Put it where we wanted the anemone, put the little critter in there and he LOVES it. Has not moved, only grown. He stretches out and looks awesome. Can't figure out how to post a pic but it is definitely what we are doing in the 125 we are putting together.

Tags
advice, bubble, bubble tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com