bubble tip advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad that worked for you, but don't count on that happening every time. I've tried that years ago. I cut the top off of a plastic jar and shoved that under the sand. It didn't work because the anemone didn't like where I wanted him to be.

Totally agree. They can, and will, will move. We got lucky. But we are going to try it again anyway. If it moves we'll just take the pot out. Worth a try for a $1.50 pot.

i really thought my bta was going to die, then i woke up this morning and it doubled in size. The BTA was balled up for 2 days, didn't really come out, lost color, overall just didn't look good. then today i can't even see the opening of the cave anymore, he's almost doubled in size, maybe he will split and i'll have 2.

60421-albums10168-picture51087.jpg

here is what my BTA looked like prior, you can see he only fit in the corner of the cave opening.

60421-albums10168-picture50019.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well it's deff getting bigger that's good but like someone else stated it looks like its losing color still hopefully it bounces back. I bought a rose bta two weeks ago very good price it's probably 7 inch across when fully open got it for 80 bucks but my clowns act like its not even there

and FINALLY, my clown hosted my bta.
maybe that will help bring some food to him as well

i would say about 3 weeks, i only noticed last night when i walked by the tank.
the BTA was closed up and the clown was rubbing all over it. i was suprised because the clowns i have are not known for hosting the BTA. i would have gotten tomatoes instead.

It gets even bigger during the day

Attachments

• image-1870936401.jpg
    image-1870936401.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 84
It gets even bigger during the day
nice man, your tank looks great!!!

how do you keep your sand clean, looks like i have purple 'slime' starting to grow on the sand and i'm scared to put any meds in because of my BTA.

Thanks! I am battling some cyano as well I'm assuming its beause my tanks only about 3 months old but I don't have a slimmer or anything which I bet would help

i've used red slime remover, it's a yellow powder.
works 100%
i used it 2 times already with great success before i got my BTA.
what i just did was use my syphon hose and sucked it off my gravel.
then covered the whole front of the tank with new sand.

i was happy today, my BTA was taking in my mytosis shrimp i was giving him, he closed his tips around the food and took it in, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom