Bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello i got a BTA and i have had it for about three days now and today i tried feeding it some shrimp and then a little bit of brine shrimp but all it does is shrivel up like it doesnt like it or want it any advice. Also all Nitrites and nitrates ammonia and ph are good along with salt level

Not good lol i wanted to wait but my friends tank got ich and he had no qt so i took the BTA off his hands to deal with it but i feel like i just have no luck with these things. I recall someone saying i should wait a year i would have if my buddies tank didnt crash the sebea i think i might have messed with it enough and stressed it out im not sure i moved it to the qt and it just passed the next day. and what stinks is that my buddy feed it brine cubes and now it wont take it he even tried so idk.

he could have placed the fish in a 20 gallon rubber maind container and treat them there while the ich dies off in the reef.

the thing is ich lives in nature and fish i nthe wild live with it. they do it because the slime coats they have are very healthy and they aren't stressed so their systems are able to fight of the ich. try and emulate nature, feed the fish with high nutrience (brine shrimp is poo) keep water columb good and you shouldn't have many issues unless they are large problems.

as far as the BTA try feedign it mysis shrimp or homemade fish food. keep the natrates low and the lighting high. the anemone might also still be acclimating to the new environement so try and give it time

Back
Top Bottom