bubble tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol clams...... Yeah I think it's either SPS or LPS that need a lot of light. Can't seem to remember, but I know it's one of those lol. In a 40g breeder, since it is relatively short(12inches), does the watt per gallon still apply for t5hos?

Ahh good point, less depth more light penetration. I'm not one of those light gurus though, they can figure out par and all that stuff based on the lights and depth.
lol

I have both t5's and MH I have noticed the t5's actually seem to penetrate the water deeper than MH. Good quality of bulbs are important as well when having things like an anemone. I have maxi mini and a rock anemone I found that the maxi mini do much better under t5's.

PLEASE take what others have said about waiting a year before adding your anemone. Considering most all anemone are taken from the wild if it is being hosted by a clown fish and the clown is left the clown will most likely become food for another fish before it can find another anemone. If you were to have a nitrate or ammonia spike it could kill the anemone and also mess up your tank pretty badly. The bubble tip is one of the longest lived anemone in aquariums and they get large a 55 gallon tank might not be big enough.

Do more research and learn what to look for when getting a healthy anemone, most I have seen lately are rather on the sickly side in my area.

Remember a clown doesn't need an anemone in an aquarium to survive but they do in the wild. Anemones eat other fish as well I know people that have lost nearly every fish in their tank to their anemone.

joy13 said:
I have both t5's and MH I have noticed the t5's actually seem to penetrate the water deeper than MH. Good quality of bulbs are important as well when having things like an anemone. I have maxi mini and a rock anemone I found that the maxi mini do much better under t5's.

PLEASE take what others have said about waiting a year before adding your anemone. Considering most all anemone are taken from the wild if it is being hosted by a clown fish and the clown is left the clown will most likely become food for another fish before it can find another anemone. If you were to have a nitrate or ammonia spike it could kill the anemone and also mess up your tank pretty badly. The bubble tip is one of the longest lived anemone in aquariums and they get large a 55 gallon tank might not be big enough.

Do more research and learn what to look for when getting a healthy anemone, most I have seen lately are rather on the sickly side in my area.

Remember a clown doesn't need an anemone in an aquarium to survive but they do in the wild. Anemones eat other fish as well I know people that have lost nearly every fish in their tank to their anemone.

+2 joy well said.. exactly why I wont purchase one..

Back
Top Bottom