Bubble tip anemone/Cleaner Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Two weeks ago I bought a rose bubble tip anemone for my 2 clownfish. I don't think my clownfish care about the bta. The wierd thing is my skunk cleaner shrimp is always hanging out by the bta. He touches the bta with his Atenas and walks across the bta. I think I'm seeing a relationship. has anyone seen anything like this?
a7ygyses.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I gave him a very small pice of shrimp a week ago. Nothing since then.

Hmm then that weird. Was gonna say maybe the shrimp knows you feed the nem and can get an easy meal but that's not the case. Maybe he's just settled there.

He is a very curious shrimp. I had a Condy anemone, I had to trade him in it was moving all over my tank stinging everything. My shrimp was curious about the Condy too but he got stung because the shrimp would jump real fast after touching the condy. As soon as we put in the bta my shrimp hangs around it, touches is walks over it. It's really weird to watch. Maybe my shrimp thinks he is a clownfish. Lol

My cleaners hang by my lta all the time, sometimes on it... Never the carpet though lol

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My skunk shrimp never hung out by my bta and last week when I fed him he scuttled over and hasn't left him alone since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the shrimp is waiting for food. I was watching my shrimp today and it looked like he was trying to clean the anemone. It's fascinating to watch them. I wish my clownfish would host in it.

Back
Top Bottom