Bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had a cyano issue for a few weeks. Recently the cyano has started to fade away. I notice as it fades I seem to be left with clear bubbles on my lr in the area where the cyano is fading away. There also looks to be dead stringy peaces of cyano that are now brown with bubbles on the end. Is this normal? I am just curious to know if this is the what happens when cyano is dieing off?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405476675369.jpg
    1405476675369.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 1405476695452.jpg
    1405476695452.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 1405476715866.jpg
    1405476715866.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 100
No. Its not dying its thriving. You need to go lights out for 4 days and a water change the 5th day. Do you have a cuc? Are you running charcoal media?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I have a cuc but the don't bother with cyano.

Cyano is a nutrient issue in your tank. Until you address the nitrates and phosphates, you won't see any relief from cyano or algae.
There are links to fighting algae in my signature. Which is the same battle, just cyanobacteria rather than algae.

To reflect, haven't we been having the same discussions over and over?

Yeah and since then I started feeding every other day and bought a hanna phosphate checker. I test 0 phosphates 0 nitrates. I have not checked tds but told my lfs to check it they said they were going to look at it. I turned my lighting duration down, changed my carbon and gfo.

Cut back on feeding more. I feed my tank 2-3 times a week, half a cube of mysis or brine shrimp.
Check the TDS of the water you are using before mixing and see where it is at. Siphon as much of that junk out as you can. Increasing flow can help as well.
It is a long drawn out battle, so don't get discouraged.

I bought a dual reactor from brs I think it will be better than my sea side aquatics one.

Pellets and flake foods are higher in phosphate than frozen foods. Packaged frozen foods contain phosphates in the water they are frozen in, and can be simply rinsed out.

Okay so here is the deal. I took the pellets and hid them away because I think my room mate is feeding behind my back. I got brine shrimp I fed them on Saturday and did a 10% w/c. I will feed 3 times a 7 day week live food only now. I bought a brs dual reactor and it should come in on Tuesday so I'll get that put in and remove my sea side Aquatics reactor. Right now the cyano is kinda just stationary no growing not fading. We shall see if any of that helps. Anyone know any other tricks?

Okay I put the brs dual reactor in and magic happened no more cyano after about a solid week it is 99% gone. I did what sniperhank said cut down to feeding every 3 days and copied his half cube of mysis rinsed out. Fish seem happy water looks good everything is doing well thanks everyone for the input.

Back
Top Bottom