Bubbles all over the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got my Aqua C remora skimmer almost 2 weeks ago now, the manual says the break in is about a week and then the microbubbles will disappear.

However, it is now almost 2 weeks later and I still have an overwhelming amount of microbubbles going through the tank. Also in the collection cup (which is set so that it is at its highest raised point) I am getting an abundance of water...no real junk but just water. I am not using anything water chemicals like stress coat or stuff like that.

What adjustments...the only adjustment I see is the oring on the waste container. I lowered that so the waste container is at the highest possible point...but other than that I don't see where adjustments can be made?

As for my aquarium water level, no it is slowly but constantly going down because the skimmer is just taking up water, and doing so rather quickly. About every hour the waste container is filled with water, not this brown like coffee substance which others seem to get in their skimmers.

Yeah, I just skimmed the manual, and for this skimmer that's the only adjustment.

Which pump are you using?
Did you wash out the skimmer before initial installation?

I'd give it another week before getting too worried.

One thing you can do to limit the bubbles is get a pre-skimmer box for it. This box also helps make the skimmer more efficient as well but the output side has a sponge that difusses the bubbles. It also helps hide the pump and cleans up the look of the tank. :)

Well, (and this is just me) for one I think the pre-skimmer box is questionable. Please see my topic on it here:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=84753

I agree with fluff that the box helps make the skimmer more efficient as it diffuses the bubbles (and clears the skimmate off the top), but I had a hard time with it. I spent too much time trying to tweak it to work properly. Someone please tell me I'm wrong :)

How do you "tweak" a plastic box? ;)

I love mine and would never be without it now.

Ok, gonna go read your post now. :)

Back
Top Bottom