Bubbles in tank coming from inflow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
I notice this happening from time to time. Posted a couple pics too. Tiny bubbles probably generated somewhere in my sump I assume. I have a protein skimmer in there and water pumping out then back in from a chiller. Only other time I notice this happening is if my water is low. Please help. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443051291.789994.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443051306.570754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've noticed this in my tank. I assume it's from the skimmer in my sump which seems to be turbulent on the water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Still sounds like you need more water in the tank. Bubbles in the system comes from aggressive splashing of water, be it from it being pumped back into the tank or from a power head pointed at the surface too high.

Send a picture of your sump. Either the outlet to your chiller or skimmer is draining close to your return pump line or your return pump doesn't have a 90 on it. Probably could be solved by putting a 90 degree pipe fitting on your return pump facing down but send a pic of the sump anyway so we can see for sure what's wrong.

Brad McLaughlin
Tampa Bay Area

Im guessing your return is suckin air from somewhere, or you have an aggresive elbow, cavitating, and that'll cause problems also.

Thanks everyone. It was the water flowing out of my skimmer. Adjusted the sponge cover and crystal clear now. No bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom