bubbles in the sand bed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wanderer90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone,

was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, my tank is approximately 2 1/2 months old and there is algea growing on my rock and sand bed, have a 150 gal with 50lbs of live rock and 4" live sand bed and there are bubbles sporadically coming from the sand. are these nitrogen bubbles or are there things growing in the sand.

TIA
Leo

This is a sign your DSB is working. Harmless nitrogen bubbles. The algae is normal it should go away in 6 months after the tank balances out. You may need alittle more LR though. What type of rock do you have in there?

Hey, everyone. I just finished setting up my 72 bow and I'm having a little problem with bubbles. However, not the same problem wanderer90 is having. I wa having a lot small bubbles coming from my return. So, I installed some black foam on the return 90deg leading to my return pump(little giant 4) and installed another divider with some more foam before the return sump.

The bubble don't seem to coming out of the return nozzles anymore, but there are still some circulating through the tank.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom