Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Bubbles on Rock?

Hello,
I am new to the site, but not new to the saltwater aquarium industry. I had let my 55G salt tank evaporate to about half-full. I was attending a law enforcement academy and had no time to take care of the tank. This past weekend I decided to start it back up, and performed a major water change. My live rock still has Coraline on it, and quite a few of my inverts are still alive. Last night I noticed this small bubbles on the algae of my liverocks. I personally have never seen them before, and Im not quite sure if it because of the drastic water change (the tank has to cycle again), or if it is a type of algae that I need to get rid of.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

FantasyReef Databases-Viewing item "Dinoflagellates"

Read this article about it.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Looks like I got a good bit of work to do to remove these things. Was hoping it was something simple, thanks for the article. Will get to work on it right away, will keep ya'll posted.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Turned lights off since I found out what it was, it appears to be gone now. I am going to leave the lights off for atleast 1 more day just to make sure they are gone. My hermit crabs and emerald crab also seem to enjoy it as food.

Thanks again AA.

Tags
bubble, bubbles, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com