Bubbles on Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmilitano

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I am new to the site, but not new to the saltwater aquarium industry. I had let my 55G salt tank evaporate to about half-full. I was attending a law enforcement academy and had no time to take care of the tank. This past weekend I decided to start it back up, and performed a major water change. My live rock still has Coraline on it, and quite a few of my inverts are still alive. Last night I noticed this small bubbles on the algae of my liverocks. I personally have never seen them before, and Im not quite sure if it because of the drastic water change (the tank has to cycle again), or if it is a type of algae that I need to get rid of.

img_1078026_0_ec7177961adf35653439794315aac7c4.jpg

Looks like I got a good bit of work to do to remove these things. Was hoping it was something simple, thanks for the article. Will get to work on it right away, will keep ya'll posted.

Turned lights off since I found out what it was, it appears to be gone now. I am going to leave the lights off for atleast 1 more day just to make sure they are gone. My hermit crabs and emerald crab also seem to enjoy it as food.

Thanks again AA.

Back
Top Bottom