bucket/drip method?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBR

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi -- I've read mention of the "bucket/drip method of acclimation". What the recomended steps, exactly? When greeting a new fish to the tank, I've always floated the bag for 1/2 an hour first, then add a small amount of tank water to the bag every 10 minutes for another 1/2 hour.

Thanks.
Matt

Of course. I should've looked there first. (sorry).
Matt

snails, shrimp, shrooms, other corals, fish, other inverts

Drip method for live rock is not needed but live rock should be quarinteend prior to adding to the display tank to assure that no dieoff is occuring.

I've seen this asked a few times but not answered recently.

Should I QT inverts (snails, shrimp, crabs, etc.), or only fish?

fishfreek said:
Drip method for live rock is not needed

This is generally my thinking as well...but if you think it through, why wouldnt we?

The drip method is meant to ease an organism entrance from the old water to our systems. LR is full of beneficial life that we want to keep beyond that of the bacteria. Why wouldnt we want to acclimate them as well? Its been proven that often inverts are more sensitive than fish to changes in the environment. If we want to keep the worms, pods and growth on the LR...why not acclimate it to maximize the amount of life being brought into the systems?

Back
Top Bottom