building a dream tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are always people like you on the lower scale gilraen.. they might have a little 20-30 gal wanting to upgrade to a 55-65gal.. im sure someone would purchase your tank, all you have to do is ask around..!

Not really StripesTheEel, not when you live in a small town and most people are-- or think they are broke. Over here I would probably be able to sell it for around $50 if I get lucky.

Thanks schoeplein, that's a very cool site, I'm already trying to buy a big sump from someone there!! :multi:

San Angelo... I would say 31/2 hrs northwest (or east?) of San Antonio. :D in the middle of nowhere, or....in the middle of dust... :wink:

Just use the 55 as a sump. I ran across a 150 gal acrylic for $100 but gave it to a co-worker. Deals like that pop up fairly often you just have to be patient.
Meredith is talking about selling her tank and i think it is a 150 gal.

Trust me Brenden, if I ever see a tank that cheap I am willing to max out my credit card... :D everyday I check the papers (all of them...) :(

I don't think meredith is in TX anyways... :cry:

I hear ya gil, I am in Brownfield. 45 minutes south of Lubbock. That is boonies!!!! I think meredith is in washington. Hellova delivery charge for that!!! I know up here in Lubbock they have 75 tanks a lot of the time with stands for 100-150. If you want I'll keep an eye out and PM you when I see one. Let me know if your interested. I think it would only be about 4 hour drive to pick up.

Ask around friends, co-workers, family. The people that do not want them and are willing to sell them dirt cheap usally have them stuck in the corner and do not want to deal with listng them etc. I have seen 2 here in the last 4 months at work that sold for $100 or less, and were over 100 gal with stands filters, heaters, etc.

MYTY1705, I am interested, please let me know if you find 75gal or bigger really cheap. Thanks a bunch!

Brenden, I've already tried all of your suggestion, thanks though. :D :D

I would say...$150 ?? I know it's really low, I'm one of those people with big dreams and no $$... :cry: but that's because I'm a student and to top it off I'm only working part-time (minimum wage too) -- man this sucks! :x

I have a tank at the house you can buy. It is a 450 gal The guy that custom made my tank made it to small so he had to make a replacement for me. It belongs to him but I have not shipped it back to him. Shipping it back would cost $300 so he may make a deal on it.

Going....Going..... If you or anyone else wants it I will make him a offer for you. It would be a good deal for somone who wants a large tank. Figure $2-300 shipping. I was @*$% when I saw it was not made the right size. Here is a pic of it on the trailer. That is a 18ft trailer for reference.

I'll check if somebody is interested. I would definetly take it if it wasn't for my place being so small. I think the largest I can have is 110-125 and that's sort of pushing it :cry: It is an awesome deal though. Hmmm....maybe I can buy a bigger house... :D

Back
Top Bottom