Bulb Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLACKMOSS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Wanted to ask a question about this bulb anemone(spell?) I got at the fish store over the weekend. My 75g refugium tank has been running for 6 months with 2 damsels and a firefin, 5 hermits, 7 snails, 50 lbs. of live rock. also have t5 lighting. I decided to get a clownfish for the kids and I bought a small bulb anemone about 3-4 inch round. The clownfish took some resistance from the damsels, but is doing fine. ( eating, etc.) The question I have is about the anemone. The LFS clerk said it would just go where it wanted, so I put it on a piece of LR and the next day I saw it crawled under a rock and closed up completely. Am I doing something wrong?

Blackmoss

Assuming you have enough light, they will move to where they feel comfortable. I wouldn't try to move it.
What kind of lighting do you have? Wattage per gallon is a little outdated, but it can give a decent idea of where you are in the lighting requirements...
Remember, clowns are damselfish too and between all of them, they can be nasty to any future newcomers.

Alot of times they will hide under a rock to shade the foot of the anenome. They will swing out the rest of him provided you have enough lighting. Whatever you do dont try to remove him from the rock as you might tear the foot and then there is no hope.

im looking into getting a rbta from a fellow reefer whos split. I have 2 koralias and dont want it to get chopped up so when I introduce it should i turn off the powerheads for a few days until it settles?

Alot of times they will hide under a rock to shade the foot of the anenome. They will swing out the rest of him provided you have enough lighting. Whatever you do dont try to remove him from the rock as you might tear the foot and then there is no hope.

Thanks for the replies! ^^^^^^^^^^ This is excactly where he ended up. He is actually got the "foot" stuck under a rock and swang 90 degrees from out under the rock. He /she/it kindof got into a rock crevice and hasn't budged. I will send a pic ASAP once I figureit out how to upload it. :)

Blackmoss

If you have photobucket then it will be really easy for you to upload picture. Upload to photobucket, copy and paste and you're good to go...

Back
Top Bottom