Bulb anemone - am I ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tank started: 07/01/2004
40gallon breeder, with 2x96w PC lighting, 1 actinic03, 1 10,000K daylight
Parameters: 400ppm Calcium, 2.75 meq/l Alkalinity, 1470ppm Magnesium, 1.025 SG -- I've been unable to get a reading above 0.0ppm for both nitrate and phosphate for some time now.
Inhabitants: 2 false percs, 1 royal gramma, 1 six-line wrasse, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, misc hermit crabs, dusters, mushroom corals, button and yellow colony polyps
CPR skimmer, and a hang on fuge full of Chaeto.

Last week I mentioned Bubble tip anemone's to the LFS owner, wondering if he ever got them in. This week, he gets one in. I'd like one anyways, and now feel a little obligated to purchase it. I was in today, and it had opened up, looked healthy.

Tank is almost a year old, and has been stable for quite some time. 65lbs of live rock in there.

Anyone see a reason I shouldn't add a BTA?

I will watch for your success...I have the same size tanks with nearly the same occupants. You are about 6 months ahead of me. 1 Year is what I have heard is when you can graduate to anenomes...

Glad to hear you got your Calcium up...what did you end up using for a product?? I need to get a Magnesium test kit and supplement soon.
Your CPR Maxi-Jet Mod must have been a success with no nitrates...would you recommend the mod?

I was using Kent's Turbo calcium...just not enough. Once I learned how much I needed to add to get to the right level, I stepped up the amount I dosed daily, and that made all the difference. Alk is a little low, but its what I'm learning to dose now, and I just about got it down.

I've never had much for nitrates. I had phosphates until I upgraded from a Prism to the Bak-Pak. I wouldn't have mod'd the bak-pak had the Rio pump not started to slow down.

Back
Top Bottom