bullet goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atomicbiscut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i went to the LFS today to get some snails to keep my sand clean. i started looking around and saw a bullet goby. he wasn't labeled on tank so i asked how much he was. the people told me there was no bullet goby in there. so after checking the rocks we found him. he was VERY skinny. they had him in a tank with rocks for a substrate and had no clue he was there so they wernt feeding him properly. sinse he was so skinny they said 5$ i can have him and try to get him back to health.

i got home and when i put him in the tank he took 2 mouthfulls of sand then buried himself and hasnt come out yet.(been about 3 hours)

my question,is there anything special i can do to help him fatten up again?foods?

how old is your tank? They really need to feed of mature sandbeds. That is sandbeds that are a couple years old or so. IF he eats frozen foods, I would soak the food in Selcon or Zoe.

I agree, try some garlic guard to. My fish love the combo of all three and I have read garlic can help to boost their immune systems.

he came out of his burrow this morning,but hasnt moved from a cave right next to it. i threw in sum mysis shrimp and he came out like 2 inches then went right back in. could it be he needs more time to acclimate? i remember a couple of my other fish hid a few days when i 1st got them,but this guy is so skinny it concerns me.

hara- my sandbed is only a month old. i read as long as it was LS they will do fine picking out the tiny inverts. now that u said that,it does make more sense the older would be a lot better.

im off to LFS to get some selcon,zoe,and garlic guard.

atomicbiscut said:
now that u said that,it does make more sense the older would be a lot better.

You might want to think about getting some seeded LS from your LFS to help seed your sand. As Ms Hara said you need a very established sandbed for the bullet goby. The additional soaking of Selcon and garlic might help also.

i got a scoop of LS from the LFS.

i also bought some brine shrimp and ZOE. soaked the brine shrimp and at feeding he came out. didn't see him eat,but he came out so at least its a good sign.

thx for the advice guys and gals.

Back
Top Bottom