Butterfly Fish: Are Any Reef Safe??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missbrett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I love so many of the butterfly fish, and would love to get one for my tank.

Does anyone know if there are any Reef Safe Butterfly Fish?? Everyone I seem to find is not reef safe and i would like to have some corals and possibly some anemone so I would need one that would be okay with those things. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really don't think any will be totally "reef safe". Many you will find listed as "with caution" but that will also depend on your ability to keep them well fed and preoccupied. Also, you will need to take into consideration your tank size as that will limit what can go in and what could be expected of them temperament wise. A big fish in a small tank will be stressed and wreak havoc.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I really don't think any will be totally "reef safe". Many you will find listed as "with caution" but that will also depend on your ability to keep them well fed and preoccupied. Also, you will need to take into consideration your tank size as that will limit what can go in and what could be expected of them temperament wise. A big fish in a small tank will be stressed and wreak havoc.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thanks!! I think I may go with a Kole Yellow Eye Tang instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom