Button Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a button corral frag at a fairly high quality SW only LFS in our area. The person helping me said they eat zooplankton. All I have right now is phyto plankton. Will they be ok on that?

Not sure what you call a button coral, could be a zoanthedea or palythoa. Regardless, what do you have that you need to feed phytoplankton and how much are you using?
This may be related to your other post on cyano.

They just filter feed , they will eat bits of cyclopeeze and oyster eggs when I add them ...They do not need the phyto

Can I get away without feeding anything extra besides what they pick up on their own?

Yes you can get by without feeding them anything extra. Most people don't feed their palythoas. I know I don't and they are growing like mad. You should be just fine. The phyto and zooplankton aren't really needed unless you have filter feeders that really need to be fed a lot.

I got the phyto for a fanworm - was told it needed it. I've been using one extremely small drop weekly.

Back
Top Bottom