Buy Live Shrimp for Food Online or Fresh Shrimp from Publix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Port Jackson Shark LOVES big live shrimp... and I have no problem giving them to him. However, my LFS is very sporadic at having them. I need something a bit more reliable and have been trying to find a website that carries live saltwater shrimp. Not the small ones, but the larger ones.

An alternative that I thought of is getting fresh (not live) shrimp from Publix that you find in the seafood section. It doesn't have any seasoning on it or anything, so it may work. Thoughts?

Maybe it will work. I`m not much on sharks but I`d try and see. If it dont work you know what you have to do.

Where do you live, GatorDrew?
If you're anywhere near the coast you should check out any bait & tackle shops in your area.
The ones down here always have tons of live bait and it's got to be a heck of a lot cheaper than at a LFS.

If your shark doesn't mind the dead shrimp from Publix, the whole ones would be more nutritionally complete then the headless ones.

I always use shrimp from the supermarket to feed my snowflake moray. I usually take off the shell, and cut it into bite size pieces, then feed it. about 15 shrimp cost about $1.50?

Back
Top Bottom