buying clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I want to have a pair of clownfish not for mating though and I was just wandering if I can buy them at separate times and add them to my tank or if I have to buy the two together, help would be great thanks

I would buy together and when they are small as if you get two females they will probably fight to the death

Deffinatly get them at the same time and add them together. Less stress on the fish because as stated before if they are added seperatly they will fight.

Definitely add them at the same time; the don't have to be a pair however. If you can't buy adolescents or a pair then go for 2 with an obvious size difference and the transition should be fairly benign.

Ok , thanks very much I will definitely get them at the same time then, I'm hoping to get a black and white ocellaris and a orange and white ocellaris do think that would be ok to mix them if they are different colours

Ok , thanks very much I will definitely get them at the same time then, I'm hoping to get a black and white ocellaris and a orange and white ocellaris do think that would be ok to mix them if they are different colours

Yes I have a set thats a mated pair. One orange one black

Most lfs dont have true mated pairs. If you want to try to make them a pair make sure you get one big one and one small one. They might scrap at the beginning but turn the lights off for a few hours and they should be ok. Thats what I did with mine.

Most lfs dont have true mated pairs. If you want to try to make them a pair make sure you get one big one and one small one. They might scrap at the beginning but turn the lights off for a few hours and they should be ok. Thats what I did with mine.

Mine were not mated when I got them. Guess I should have said that sorry. They mated up a couple months after I got them. They never fought because they were babies when I got them.

Back
Top Bottom