Buying Live Rock and getting two fish free! Tomorrow!! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea they say a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans, but I say it depends which human lol.

Probably could have gotten away with using it but as you said, better safe than sorry.

The fish are still doing alright. They are very hungry. I didn't know how much they ate. I keep having to put more in since they gobble the food up quickly. They have had frozen brine, seaweed, and flakes. I had to give them a lot of flakes this morning, they were active and seemed to be starving by the amount of food they ate. How do you know how much to give them? Should I keep putting food in until i see they ignore it? The tang looks like it wants more food. It is scavenging along the bottom looking and sucking up what food it finds.

I will do another water change today. What is the shortest time you can have your saltwater mix standing before using it for a water change?

I mix mine over night usually but I do have a big powerful pump I can use in a pinch to mix it in about 4 hours but it heats up the water fast as well.

Note of caution about feeding clowns they are little pigs and will eat constantly which can make your nitrates skyrocket. I feed my clownpigs twice a day once with herbivore flakes and the second time with rod's food. Brine shrimp aren't very nutritious.

I did also buy Frozen Mysis. That is what the lfs feeds most of their fish. The Brine should be used as a treat I think? I will limit the Brine.

How do you know when the water mix is ready?

Clowns are pigs and aggressive eaters. No matter how many times you feed them per day they'll always seem like they're starving. I feed mine every other day and I only feed enough that will take about a minute to 2 mins to be completely gone. He's fat and happy

I agree every other day is fine. Keeps your excess nutrients to a minimum. Fish will always eat if you'll feed them. I believe the bucket of salt I have it says you can use it within a few hours but best to wait 12? Not exactly sure.

I just mix my salt right after I finish my water change. That way it has enough time to set up as well if you have a emergency it's there or if your salinity is getting low durin the week it's there.

Back
Top Bottom