CA test?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salifert is pretty good.. I hear they are coming out with a new one as they old one can be a bit of a pain determining exactly when the color changes.. However I like it alot very accurate and I have never had a problem with any test that I have bought from them.. BTW marinedepot.com has a all the salifert tests at very reasonable prices..

HTH,
James

FWIW most will probably recommend Salifert..

no probs I am always browsing the forum trying to learn more and help others out with what I know... BTW another thing about Salifer is you get anywhere from 100-200 tests for most of their kits depending on what you prefer to use Low Res. or High Res.. with low res. you use half the mix and times the result x2.. Seachem is supposed to also be a good brand and they have great CS but I am in the process of switching everything over to Salifert as they are way more accurate..

James

How do you convert mEg/l to ppm? I'm only familiar w/ ppm concerning CA . BTW marindepot is out of salifert CA test kits, so they must be popular.

Meq/l Is mainly used for Alk.. I havent seen anyone use meq/l for anything but that as from what I understand is companies want to get away from DKH and convert to Meq/l as its easier to comprehend I guess.. I do know that my salifert test that I do have show the formula to convert such as the ALK test shows the conversion from DKH to Meq/L and vice versa..

HTH,
James

Dang they sell quick.. They just got some in last week.. These test kits are made in Holland so there shipping is not up to par with the Demand.. I'd check around with other online sellers.. But usually when one runs out they all are out.. Yes they are very popular.. I would say that they usually have them in stock within a weeks time frame.. I would definetly wait until they are.. Maybe you can get a new batch of the new testing procedure and Reagents.. Supposed to make it much easier to read... But I was informed the new test would take 2-3 months to get into the US..

James

Back
Top Bottom