Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2003, 02:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

CA test?

Any suggestions concerning a good calcium testing kit? TIA

Old 11-13-2003, 02:28 AM   #2
cj10488

Salifert is pretty good.. I hear they are coming out with a new one as they old one can be a bit of a pain determining exactly when the color changes.. However I like it alot very accurate and I have never had a problem with any test that I have bought from them.. BTW marinedepot.com has a all the salifert tests at very reasonable prices..

HTH,
James

FWIW most will probably recommend Salifert..
Old 11-13-2003, 02:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks James. Wow that was fast!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:35 AM   #4
cj10488

no probs I am always browsing the forum trying to learn more and help others out with what I know... BTW another thing about Salifer is you get anywhere from 100-200 tests for most of their kits depending on what you prefer to use Low Res. or High Res.. with low res. you use half the mix and times the result x2.. Seachem is supposed to also be a good brand and they have great CS but I am in the process of switching everything over to Salifert as they are way more accurate..

James
Old 11-13-2003, 02:36 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

How do you convert mEg/l to ppm? I'm only familiar w/ ppm concerning CA . BTW marindepot is out of salifert CA test kits, so they must be popular.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:39 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

nix my last post
Old 11-13-2003, 02:40 AM   #7
cj10488

Meq/l Is mainly used for Alk.. I havent seen anyone use meq/l for anything but that as from what I understand is companies want to get away from DKH and convert to Meq/l as its easier to comprehend I guess.. I do know that my salifert test that I do have show the formula to convert such as the ALK test shows the conversion from DKH to Meq/L and vice versa..

HTH,
James
Old 11-13-2003, 02:43 AM   #8
cj10488

Dang they sell quick.. They just got some in last week.. These test kits are made in Holland so there shipping is not up to par with the Demand.. I'd check around with other online sellers.. But usually when one runs out they all are out.. Yes they are very popular.. I would say that they usually have them in stock within a weeks time frame.. I would definetly wait until they are.. Maybe you can get a new batch of the new testing procedure and Reagents.. Supposed to make it much easier to read... But I was informed the new test would take 2-3 months to get into the US..

James
Old 11-13-2003, 03:55 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks James.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:41 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Check our sponsors availability for salifert kits

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com