Originally Posted by caitlynnanne9189
Ok so as of now my lights and protein skimmer are ordered. I have 2 LED
light panels and a BM180EX protein skimmer on its way!
Now my questions! I know I posted them above but it's much nicer having them all together.
1) are power heads discounted durring bulk buy?
2) what about Refractometer?
3) which float valve do I need to buy? The adjustable or the normal
4) thermometer, which one/kind?
5) carey I have 6 months or more for filter replacements, which ones should I buy? And how often?
6) API saltwater rest kit? Is that good?
7) The salifert test kits, which ones do I need?
8) what watt heaters should I be looking for
9) do I need a heater for water changes?
I know I don't need all this now just trying to get ideas! Thanks!!!
Not sure caitlynn about the powerheads, if I remember correctly it might be a buck or two cheaper. BRS also sells the replacement filters for the ro
unit, you would get the same ones that come with it originally. The refractometer is probably cheaper at marinedepot.com, check them out too. I use a regular walmart thermometer with the little suction cup, they are only about 1.96$ each so I generally get a couple just in case. lol
API saltwater kit is the first kit you will need and the most important.
I use salifert tests for: calcium, phosphate,magnesium and alkalinity. Those you won't be testing for a while so you can get them when you need to. I find the API tests for those 4 things are very hard to read and inaccurate in comparison to the saliferts.
The heaters can be say 200watt or 150 each, the higher the wattage usually the longer the heater. lol And yep, you'll need aheater for the storage can of water and a cheap powerhead.