Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After deliberation I decided I just simply can't fit a tank larger than 75g right now and I found this deal on CL that I wanted opinions on. The person said the lab a d filter and stand and obviously tank are included but idk. They want 350 but said will take a better offer. What do you all think is a good offer?

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/2826650190.html

Yah that's not a bad deal I would bargain with them and say $250 or $300 always start with a lowball an work up

I can't compare to the prices in Florida but here in Indiana I bought a 125 with a crappy stand but it had a ton of coral 6 fish wet dry filter and skimmer with a bunch of other stuff for 540 so I would pay 200 for it if your going to go saltwater your gonna have a lot more money invested on the other stuff you'll need

kjboer7 said:
I can't compare to the prices in Florida but here in Indiana I bought a 125 with a crappy stand but it had a ton of coral 6 fish wet dry filter and skimmer with a bunch of other stuff for 540 so I would pay 200 for it if your going to go saltwater your gonna have a lot more money invested on the other stuff you'll need

Yeah that I'm expecting so I was thinking 200 too I just wasnt sure if that was to low to go? Thanks!! It will be a progress to get all I need but 1st step is the tank!

EriksFish315 said:
That's the thing depends on location. Wasn't thinking about that one.

350 is a good price down here but since I'm gonna need the extra cash to put into turning it into a SW tank I offer 200. She said 285 was lowest they would go. I think. I'm gonna offer 250 and see what happens.

Did you make any offer yet?
Definitely haggle if you can ..Obviously she wants to sell it..Doesn't look like a conventional 75 either ..What are the dims?Looks like the back is painted too..

FTMMWS said:
Did you make any offer yet?
Definitely haggle if you can ..Obviously she wants to sell it..Doesn't look like a conventional 75 either ..What are the dims?Looks like the back is painted too..

I did she won't budge from 285 not even to 275. I just asked her if it was painted and about the standard 75 gallon because you are right it looks awful short for a 75 gallon. I might keep looking. I want the traditional long one

I did she won't budge from 285 not even to 275. I just asked her if it was painted and about the standard 75 gallon because you are right it looks awful short for a 75 gallon. I might keep looking. I want the traditional long one
If it were me ,i would..Good luck

Not sure on the deals, I just wanted to throw out that a 90 gallon is also a 4 foot tank. Bigger is always better!

jespenguin said:
Not sure on the deals, I just wanted to throw out that a 90 gallon is also a 4 foot tank. Bigger is always better!

I really liked the idea of the 75 and measured where it was going to do and the 18" deep isint to bad of a fit. I'd be a bit worried to go any wider cuz I wouldn't be able to squeez in front of it

90's are 18" wide they're just 24" high instead of 20" like the 75. The longest I can go is 4 foot, so I've been looking into them myself:)

jespenguin said:
90's are 18" wide they're just 24" high instead of 20" like the 75. The longest I can go is 4 foot, so I've been looking into them myself:)

Ohh! I may see if I can find one if those then too! I'm ok with the height I just want the room! Thanks that's awesome!

How do you feel about this 90? 400 is more than I want to spend right now my max is 300 but I may be able to barry some money till payday. ?

Are you doing a reef tank? if so, a 75 is a better tank than a 90. The top few inches of the tank isn't used anyway, and you are just going to have to penetrate that much more water and reach that much further to get to the bottom to do maintenance.

mr_X said:
Are you doing a reef tank? if so, a 75 is a better tank than a 90. The top few inches of the tank isn't used anyway, and you are just going to have to penetrate that much more water and reach that much further to get to the bottom to do maintenance.

Yes I do want to do a reef tank. It will be in time but first step is the tank. Then the parts I need little by little. So stick with a 75? What about the 55. Is the few inches wider a huge difference?

Back
Top Bottom