Calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone explain to me how all this calcium and alkalinity works I added calcium to my tank with the directions on the back and it's lowered my Ph by .5 and I heard I need to raise my alkalinity in order to raise my calcium an then it starts talking about dkh now what is that

Can someone explain to me how all this calcium and alkalinity works I added calcium to my tank with the directions on the back and it's lowered my Ph by .5 and I heard I need to raise my alkalinity in order to raise my calcium an then it starts talking about dkh now what is that

Dkh is alk! Don't dose until you test what your dosing for. In most cases unless u have a huge amount of corals you will not need to dose cal. You will get all you trace elements from your water changes. Granted your using rodi water and quality salt. But plz stop dosing until your testing the params first. If your levels are too high afyer you test the best way to drop everything is by doing a big water change. Some say 40% but I would dare go that big. I would do like 20% every few days until my levels got back to where they where supposed to be

You can't go by what the label tell you to do. They are in the business of selling you more product. So they are gonna have you dose the whole bottle away haha

Back
Top Bottom