Calcium still low after daily dosing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had my water tested today, I slacked off so it hadn't been tested for a week. I usually test it twice a week. Anyway....

Everything came back good. I do have 0.05 nitrAtes which I guess isn't bad. And the other thing was my calcium was 360, I've been dosing B-ionic 2 part at 7mL every night. Would it be ok if I bumped it up to say even 8-9 mL? I dose every night.

Alk was a bit low also coming at 10

Corals are all thriving though.

The test was performed with the Salifert test kits at my friends saltwater store today.

Hey Dino, I'd bump it up to 8 ml for a week, see how that treats you, and if necessary, go to 9.
Trates at .05 is real good, most people would kill for those readings.
And Alk at 10 is just fine, that's were I run mine. Some run it around 12, others around 8, so I shoot for the middle of the acceptable range.
Tank looks great, as always!

Flreefer said:
Hey Dino, I'd bump it up to 8 ml for a week, see how that treats you, and if necessary, go to 9.
Trates at .05 is real good, most people would kill for those readings.
And Alk at 10 is just fine, that's were I run mine. Some run it around 12, others around 8, so I shoot for the middle of the acceptable range.
Tank looks great, as always!

Thanks bro! I'll do that, everything else I'd doing great! (knock on wood) this has been easier then my freshwater.

I'll bump it up for a week and test. Maybe just a lot of coral growth. I'm gonna post new pics and a FTS in a new thread tomorrow. I'm gonna link the photos so I don't use all my space. I'm gonna borrow a good camera.

Ya dino, your corals are sucking up the calcium so you will also have to adapt and does more! Easy peazy. Might seem annoying...but thats a very very good thing!!!:)

Gboy66 said:
Ya dino, your corals are sucking up the calcium so you will also have to adapt and does more! Easy peazy. Might seem annoying...but thats a very very good thing!!!:)

Cool man thanks and K.C.C.O. lol.

Convict2161 said:
I had my water tested today, I slacked off so it hadn't been tested for a week. I usually test it twice a week. Anyway....

Everything came back good. I do have 0.05 nitrAtes which I guess isn't bad. And the other thing was my calcium was 360, I've been dosing B-ionic 2 part at 7mL every night. Would it be ok if I bumped it up to say even 8-9 mL? I dose every night.

Alk was a bit low also coming at 10

Corals are all thriving though.

The test was performed with the Salifert test kits at my friends saltwater store today.

I got tired of dosing 2part everyday so i started a calcium reactor took 3 weeks to dial in havnt touched it in about 4 months now check once a week and calcium is 410-420 alk 11.7-12.3 i love it coral love it to

danbstrong said:
I got tired of dosing 2part everyday so i started a calcium reactor took 3 weeks to dial in havnt touched it in about 4 months now check once a week and calcium is 410-420 alk 11.7-12.3 i love it coral love it to

Hmmm... Another idea, thank you.

danbstrong said:

+1 on the reactor. Having it means more time to tinker with other stuff while making sure you're getting the proper calcium at the same time lol.

Hey! Just wanted to give an update and thank all for helping!!

At 8mL every night of 2 part dosing B-ionic my alk is now 12 and calcium is 440.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom