Calcium test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supra

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do you shake vile between drops? ( like they say on kh) and if not what color do you look at? The one floating on top? Also on the kh test it says natural sea water has kh between 5 7. But it says your salt additive usually has between 8 12? So what should I be shooting for? I got 11. Hope this makes sense
Supra

I use API reef master. Does your kit say to swirl between drops for calcium? Good link thanks
Supra

I also see your from Philly. I live 3 mins from there right over walt Whitman in sj
Supra

Also on the calcium test it says end color is blue, but it is clearly purple. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance
Supra

IMO, the API calcium test kit sucks. You can probably shake it between drops but 1 way or another the reagent needs to be mixed. The Salifert says to gently swirl.
The end point should be blue. If it's purple you added too many drops and went past the end point.
You may want to look into the electronic Hanna calcium checker. It costs around $50 but it gives you the exact reading on a digital display. The is no guess work as to when you hit the end point color.
Hanna Checker - Test Kits - PRODUCTS - English

I actually live about 100 miles north of Philly near Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Thanks for reply and link, the color on there chart is purple, but they call it blue. Unless I'm missing something
Supra

Back
Top Bottom