Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about the shrimp Caleb. That's a bummer. But on the bright side, could have lost more right?

Sorry about the shrimp Caleb. That's a bummer. But on the bright side, could have lost more right?

That's true. I'd like to replace him because it was special. You guys don't get attached to inverts as much but a tank my size is mostly inverts so I have no choice :) it could be a while though because I have discus to care for right now.

Caleb

Water change day and cleaning the filter.

Tank has been running smoothly since the move.

Looking towards a future anemone, still not sure one which one I want or will break the bank...

Caleb

I am sorry too about the shrimp.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that when you are ready you can find one priced right. :)

Thanks RedSea.

Alright my reef friends I have a question I haven't been able to solve myself.

How can I find the right amount of light for my tank?

Right now I'm running about 25% of both white and blue.

I want to maximize my lighting without creating an algae explosion.

Caleb

Thanks RedSea.

Alright my reef friends I have a question I haven't been able to solve myself.

How can I find the right amount of light for my tank?

Right now I'm running about 25% of both white and blue.

I want to maximize my lighting without creating an algae explosion.

Caleb

Sorry Caleb, do many threads. What lights are you using?

Just went through and read all 53 pages of your thread! I have learned alot!! You have given me wonderful advice and suggestions on my 10 gallon thread! I'm also on a college budget to! ugh start my second year in a few weeks! Anyways your tank is absolutely gorgeous and I wish you luck on the rest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just went through and read all 53 pages of your thread! I have learned alot!! You have given me wonderful advice and suggestions on my 10 gallon thread! I'm also on a college budget to! ugh start my second year in a few weeks! Anyways your tank is absolutely gorgeous and I wish you luck on the rest!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the dedication to read my thread lol. I've done about all the beginner disasters! :D

Tank is doing well. Need to prep for water change on Sunday.

Also seeing some GSA on the heater and glass. Indefinitely related to my lighting.

Caleb

Well I have learned a valuable lesson. Don't play with lighting you don't understand :D let's say I spent an hour cleaning off all the purple cyano on my glass, substrate, rocks, everything.

Lesson learned, tank doesn't not need more light yet.

Caleb

Thanks for the dedication to read my thread lol. I've done about all the beginner disasters! :D

Tank is doing well. Need to prep for water change on Sunday.

Also seeing some GSA on the heater and glass. Indefinitely related to my lighting.

Caleb
Beginner disasters
I feel you there:angel:

Well I have learned a valuable lesson. Don't play with lighting you don't understand :D let's say I spent an hour cleaning off all the purple cyano on my glass, substrate, rocks, everything.

Lesson learned, tank doesn't not need more light yet.

Caleb

If it cyano, you may need some more flow in the area is popping up if possible. I'll get small areas of out on the still parts of my sand bed every now and again. It's red though.

It's good Paul I do as well :)

TaoTronics 165w dimmable.

Caleb
I would try raising it slowly. Maybe 5% a week and keep an eye on everything. You may also want to try keeping the actinics a little higher than the whites to see if you like the look of it better. I prefer more blues to whites, but its about your preference.

I would try raising it slowly. Maybe 5% a week and keep an eye on everything. You may also want to try keeping the actinics a little higher than the whites to see if you like the look of it better. I prefer more blues to whites, but its about your preference.

Thanks Paul I do like actinics my camera just doesn't :)

I've moved to another thread and did a mash up like TMRC of all my threads into one.

Since all of you guys are on here though I'll ask on here.

I got a bubble anemone a few days ago. Great news is my clown started hosting this morning!

But I was told I need to feed my Nem with seafood from the grocery store. Being experts.. What do you guys think? Should I feet it? How often?

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom