Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would this light support Zoas? I know I've seen some at the LFS I'll have to go and do a picture comparison to get which species but they are really pretty.

Also, you salty gurus which reef kit do you use?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Would this light support Zoas? I know I've seen some at the LFS I'll have to go and do a picture comparison to get which species but they are really pretty.

Also, you salty gurus which reef kit do you use?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That light would support quite a range of LPS & SPS... Never mind Zoa's..

Zoa's would probably thrive in an unlit basement.

As far as testing goes, Salifert, Red Sea and Hannah Checkers are the most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can get the sands from PetSmart for 40 bucks 40 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can get the sands from PetSmart for 40 bucks 40 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I don't need 40 pounds lol. I got a 15 pound bag of aragonite for like 19$

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That light would support quite a range of LPS & SPS... Never mind Zoa's..

Zoa's would probably thrive in an unlit basement.

As far as testing goes, Salifert, Red Sea and Hannah Checkers are the most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's great to hear. I've heard from a trust LFS employee(who has a SW tank and a frag tank) that SPS can be a challenge.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

SPS aren't that hard. There are some hard ones to keep, but many aren't that challenging.

I think I'll start with LPS and go from there. I really like the Duncan's I need to pay a visit to the LFS and try to get a coral stock list for reference.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hi ?
Following along! I find SW really interesting but haven't been brave enough to take the plunge!
Lesley
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Hi ?
Following along! I find SW really interesting but haven't been brave enough to take the plunge!
Lesley

You should do it with me XD

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I've been following along but I'm disappointed; only going to attempt corals your first time? I was expecting moorish idols or something.

You should do it with me XD

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm definitely not ready for SW yet! But I'm finding it very interesting and can't wait to see your tank ?

I've been following along but I'm disappointed; only going to attempt corals your first time? I was expecting moorish idols or something.

Lol no I'm starting easy. $40 corals are worth a lot more than a $5 bunch of plants.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you ever go near Clarksville I can probably hook you up with some coral got cheap. Got a buddy with a nice selection too.

If you ever go near Clarksville I can probably hook you up with some coral got cheap. Got a buddy with a nice selection too.

I'll have to look at the distance. If I had a good sized reef like yours is do bulk and make the trip worth it but a tank this size vs gas idk

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Paul are you holding out on us ? I'm always looking for new sources and I'm not afraid of paying shipping as I like bulk as the 90g never seems to get full :whistle:and I'm just a coral junkie
the shipment I received frozen the replacement shipment goes out mon ,
also have another order with another vendor ordered a 6 inch Welsophyllia
and a 5 inch fox coral , and a few lps frags to go in between all the zoo's coming this week too .

I know I am jumping in late here, lol, but figured why not?

I used to run aquaclears on my smaller tanks and they did very well for me. I ran carbon every other month, the sponge that comes with it and chemipure elite. The chemioure is good for several months too but isnt rechargeable as far as I know. It has gfo in it which can help curb phosphates and in turn algae growth.

You seem to have a great start, you got a lot of great advice from the others. :)

For hanging my lights i used the store bought hang brackets from current, but they were $90! They do the job perfectly and since I can't figure out much diy it fit the bill for me.

A warning on those leds'. they are extremely extremely bright. I burned every single coral I had with them and never got the hang of them to be honest. lol I ended up going back to t5's on the one tank. If you do get corals just know to acclimate them to the light and start at like the lowest setting and work your way up. you most likely will never have them above 50% for each channel just so you know. :)

Good luck! I will continue to follow along.

I'll have to look at the distance. If I had a good sized reef like yours is do bulk and make the trip worth it but a tank this size vs gas idk

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yep you're right. Just throwing that out there. Not sure if you was the traveling type. I know I'm not.

Paul are you holding out on us ? I'm always looking for new sources and I'm not afraid of paying shipping as I like bulk as the 90g never seems to get full :whistle:and I'm just a coral junkie
the shipment I received frozen the replacement shipment goes out mon ,
also have another order with another vendor ordered a 6 inch Welsophyllia
and a 5 inch fox coral , and a few lps frags to go in between all the zoo's coming this week too .

Look up BAM Reptiles and Aquaria on Facebook in Clarksville TN. I deal with this guy ALOT.

Back
Top Bottom