Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Camel Back Shrimp

Hello when we were first starting out our tank we got a small blast of aptaisia anenome on some of our LR so we went out and got some Peppermint shrimp....or at least what we thought were peppermint shrimp. Turns out the LFS (not a very good one at that) gave us the wrong kind of shrimp. So we went out to a better LFS and got 4 real Peppermint shrimp. Now we have to Camel Back shrimp in our tank. So far they are fine. They do their job and help keep things tidy but now we want to go away from the FO tank and move toward the reef aspects of this hobby. Do I have to take these Camel Backs out of the tank and whats the best way to do this without upsetting all of my LR.

Also....will a Coral Beauty or a Fiji Devil eat any corals or anenomes?

Leahdanilalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #2
Camel backs are coral munchers. Best to return them before you start getting any sessile inverts. Catching them will be trial and error though. Best suggestion is get a >>trap<< or possibley fashion one of your own using a pop bottle cut in 2 with the lid inverted.

The Coral beauty can sometimes be a concern with nipping soft and LPS corals. It's a 50/50 thing. The damsel won't be an issue with corals.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
good luck !
I had to get 4 of them from my tank because of the same problem you had. And I had to rearrage 90% of my rock to get em out with a friend and 2 nets !
XXFirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote

rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com