Camel Back Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leahdanilalton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello when we were first starting out our tank we got a small blast of aptaisia anenome on some of our LR so we went out and got some Peppermint shrimp....or at least what we thought were peppermint shrimp. Turns out the LFS (not a very good one at that) gave us the wrong kind of shrimp. So we went out to a better LFS and got 4 real Peppermint shrimp. Now we have to Camel Back shrimp in our tank. So far they are fine. They do their job and help keep things tidy but now we want to go away from the FO tank and move toward the reef aspects of this hobby. Do I have to take these Camel Backs out of the tank and whats the best way to do this without upsetting all of my LR.

Also....will a Coral Beauty or a Fiji Devil eat any corals or anenomes?

Thanks

Leah

Camel backs are coral munchers. Best to return them before you start getting any sessile inverts. Catching them will be trial and error though. Best suggestion is get a >>trap<< or possibley fashion one of your own using a pop bottle cut in 2 with the lid inverted.

The Coral beauty can sometimes be a concern with nipping soft and LPS corals. It's a 50/50 thing. The damsel won't be an issue with corals.

Cheers
Steve

good luck !
I had to get 4 of them from my tank because of the same problem you had. And I had to rearrage 90% of my rock to get em out with a friend and 2 nets !

Back
Top Bottom