Can different type blennies be put in same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a 24, the Bi color may chase/harass the Tailspot. Tailspots are very timid from what I've researched. I know personally that Bi colors can be pushy at times. Mine was harassing my blue damsel because he didn't like the damsel hanging around his little hole in my LR, he also will chase the crabs and cleaner shrimp away from his hole.

In most larger aquariums, they will have their own territories, and should do fine together. However, in smaller aquariums it's a known fact that both gobies and blennies fight with fish that are the same size and shape, and that have colors that may resemble those of their own. So i would be careful as to witch two blennies you choose.

That's what i would say. It would be better to be safe than sorry. These saltwater fish are pretty expensive, and beautiful nonetheless. If it were me, i wouldn't try it. Not in a tank that small. If you had something like +40G, then i'd say give it a shot. ;)

I agree. In a 24 you need to be careful of compatibility and aggression.
I have two bi-color in 125 though they are now both one color. Lost my old one a year ago, got a new one who liked to hide and thought it was lost to MFD so I got another. Now I have fun watching the two of them dart in and out of holes in the LR.

In the

I also agree that tank is too small for two. Maybe a 6 ft tank like a 125 you would be OK.

Back
Top Bottom