can i add air stone n a filter to marine??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinefishys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i was wondering if i could put my air stone in my marine tank i used to have in my tropical tank and my filter or would it mess with the parameters and would the filter get clogged up with the salt thnx alot :)

A air stone (bubbler) is pointless IMO specially in a saltwater tank.

Yea... I know I have one in my cichlid tank ONLY because the wife won that battle but I'll win the war!

What do you want it for?

I was thinking it mite look nice but ive decided against it already lol i got a son who loves bubbles off finding nemo n he was asking daddy wheres his bubbles lol n the filter was going to be used as a powerhead!!! Thnx

I was thinking it mite look nice but ive decided against it already lol i got a son who loves bubbles off finding nemo n he was asking daddy wheres his bubbles lol n the filter was going to be used as a powerhead!!! Thnx

I mean my all means do what you want. It's your tank. My wife wanted bubbles in my cichlid tank and after a long battle she won. I now have a bubble wall in my tank. Not for long though :)

I mean my all means do what you want. It's your tank. My wife wanted bubbles in my cichlid tank and after a long battle she won. I now have a bubble wall in my tank. Not for long though :)

Cheers mate il leave it out i think cheers for the reply

Besides looking nice the bubbles will aggregate the surface in a way that salt will creep virtually everywhere. I'd personally not do it!

Back
Top Bottom