Can I add damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nat_a126

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, so I've had a lot of trouble with my fish over the past year, and I'm think about just adding damsels to my tank instead of other fishes.

My tank is 65 gallons with about 55lbs of live rock.

I have one ocellaris clownfish and one sea urchin, along with 6 nassarius snails.

Do you think it's a good idea? And if so, what type of damsel?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can do that but damsels are just so mean that they usually will gang up on weaker fish. Yes they are cheaper but for a reason. With a bunch of them in the tank you probably wont be able to change your mind and get bigger fish unless you remove the damsels and with LL that will be hard. Just showing you some of the setbacks that are possible.

Better of adding chromis over damsels they are just evil nasty things been there with them and a tank tear down later to get them out !!!

didn't you know damsels is a dirty word in the saltwater hobby , add some nice fish maybe a wrasse , dwarf angel , you have a good choice to chose from since your tank is a good size.

A mystery wrass is nice :)

Mystery%20Wrasse.jpg

didn't you know damsels is a dirty word in the saltwater hobby , add some nice fish maybe a wrasse , dwarf angel , you have a good choice to chose from since your tank is a good size.

I know, I've heard about their bad reputation. I'm just trying to find some cheap fish that can get along with a clownfish :(

I've tried a coral beauty and a carpenter wrasse, but it didn't turn out too good

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom