can i do this?? how long will it take??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
im setting up a med tank for my sick coral beauty.. i have a fluval 305 on my dt,can i stuff some filter pads in the media trays to gather good bacteria??? if yes how long till i can pull them out and put them in the med tank? and should i stuff them in the fluval 304 im using on the med tank,or just put them in the tank?? whats the fastest most easy way to get the bacteria in the med tank?

Just throw some of your LR in the qt tank. It'll still keep all your established bacteria on the LR.
This depends on what is causing the fish to be "sick." If it is Ich for instance, you don't want the LR in there for most ich remedies.
To answer the original question, I would put the filter media in the existing tank and grow the beneficial bacteria there. Then after a month or so transfer it the new tank. Meanwhile, you may as well get going on the new tanks biological filter on its own, if you already have it.
Is there any other established media in your current filter you can use without disrupting your current tank?

I agree that if you are treating for ich then you`ll not want your LR in there. Try some cut up pieces of PVC instead for the fish. If you cant get the established media in there just do every other day PWC`s depending on which form of treatment you use.

ok so the coral beauty has pop eye...
lfs sold me mardel/maracyn plus antibacteria,for mouth fungas,popeye,dropsy,and ulcers.
in this pic you can see the filter i use,it has 3 media boxes,and 4 foam pads in it. i have one on my dt,and qt ,maybe i can just take out 1 of the pads and put it in the qt tank?? but in tank,or in media box in the filter??? so here is the qt,and the filter im using. and the pads i would put in the media box. but its faster to just use an old filter pad out of the dt rite??? if thats the case do i put the filter pad in the qt tank or fluval filter?????? thanks guys

Attachments

• DSC02036.jpg
    DSC02036.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC02037.jpg
    DSC02037.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 47
  • media box.jpg
    media box.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02039.jpg
    DSC02039.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 68
I wouldn't take the fish out of its current tank just for pop eye. I have only seen that once in my tank with an Anthias, and he made a full recovery.
Save that QT for new additions and you can start cycling now... Thats my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom