can i fill my tank weight up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tymac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i just got a Rena Aqualife Panorama 120 fish tank. the tank as got brace bars can i fill the tank above the bars. as if filled below the bars it leaves about 4inc form the top of the tank.

Welcome to the site!
Are you talking about the bracing bars on the top of the tank?

Is this the tank you have? I don't see any bracing bars below the top of the water line. I always fill my tanks so you cannot see the water line from outside the tank. That just means filling it above the underside of the top trim piece, and below the top edge of the glass.

Attachments

• rena_aqualife_panorama120xl.jpg
    rena_aqualife_panorama120xl.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 60
yes thats my tank. is what i would like to know is i got a prizm skimmer but as the water leval is low from the top of the tank the part of the skimmer that puts the water back in the tank is just above the water is it ok use like thst

I imagine you might get a good amount of salt creep that way. I also fill up my tank to the lower lip of the plastic edge.

Salt creep is when the water splashes on a surface and the water dries up and leaves the salt.

You want the water just below the lip as stated above. You dont want to go over that.

The return from the Prizm is actually meant to be above water level.

thanks for your help everyone. any one the best tool to use too cut the tank hood to fit round the skimmer. thanks

that or a coping saw... finer teeth, more flexibility. If you have one or can borrow one

a freand is comeing round with his tool box. i have got the skimmer up and running but keep geting little bubbles in the tank if i turn the flow hight i get lots more if i turn it low i only get a few do this stop when the skimmer has been running for some time meny thanks

Back
Top Bottom