Can I get an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am wondering if I feed my anemone regularly if I can keep it in a tank that doesn't meet its light requirements. Also if I can, how often and what? I was thinking a pice of shrimp once a week? Any help would be great, thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No they rely much more on light than meaty foods. They also need mature/stable systems

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the conditions are not right it will only end in tears and a potential tank wipeout !!

If you don't have everything that is needed to keep one then don't try as it will not be fair on it or your other tank mates if it nukes them

simple answer without proper lighting No , they thrive more on light than meaty foods ,
hold off till you can get a better lighting setup.

I agree, you cant substitute light with food... you can but the anemone wont be truly happy with it. Its a matter of ethics : ) ive a condy and was running an inferior light for a few months and kept feeding it. It was living but not thriving, then i upgraded my light and it transformed : ) im not talking an £800 razor either just a £65 160w Chinese job has done the trick. Imo your wasting your time running a marine tank without a reasonable light spectrum... so treat yourself : )

Back
Top Bottom