can I get an anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, looks good! you can actually see things!

I live in PA. you wanna trade? I'll take your urchin for my damsels?
I have my (2) damsels quarantined right now. They were starting to harass the other fish. After my large coral beauty angel died the damsles thought they could take over. So, I literally had to take out all of my LR to get the damsels out of the tank!
Anyways, I had them for (2) years and feel bad taking them back to the LFS. I need a good home for them! even though they are jerks!

lol i know what you mean. I just got rid of 2 domino damsels because they were picking on my Bi-color angel. They are a pain in the you know what to catch

haha, seriously! what a project! I was so mad at them! they wouldn't let the other fish eat for (4) days, it was horrible! so I had to take them out, I had no choice.
now they are in fish jail! until I figure out what to do with them

Also i have to get the ok from my wife to be able to get rid of the urchin. It is her favorite thing in the tank. I just dont like that he eats all of my coralline.

Yea i put mine in "time out" until I can get them to the guy that wanted to take them from me. He lives in VA. Kind of a long drive for you, but I know he would probably take them. He has an aggressive tank.

ok, u live in MD? I'm not sure if it would hold up in a 4-5 hr drive?

yes i live in MD. I'm not sure of the 4-5 hr drive either. I am not good when it comes to how long things can be transported.

Mike....I saw your 125 gal tank, that is incredible!!! now, I want a larger tank!!! looks like you have been doing this a lot longer than I have!

12 plus years. Alot of my fish and corals are there from the beginning.

Wow Seann, nice tank. How do you do your LR and Coral? Do you just stack everything on top of eachother?? All my stuff sits in the sand-bed 2 are next to eachother and the other 2 are about 3in from the other, just LR though. So is it better to stack?

Also, I've noticed a lot of talk about algaes, What kinds are there and what colors are they? And what is the kinds that are good?Bad? And how do I get them. I thought they came with the LR.

Last edited:
Mike - that is amazing! great inspiration to learning aquarists like myself!

Sean - yeah, I'm not sure about the drive. I think my LFS suggests no more than 2 hrs in the bag. Depending on where u live in MD too, it might take more than 5 hrs. Was a good thought at first :)

yes i live in MD. I'm not sure of the 4-5 hr drive either. I am not good when it comes to how long things can be transported.

Most of the time things are bagged up for as long as 48 hours when shipped from a distributor to the LFS. Not uncommon or a problem if it is done correctly.

Here is a pic of my RBTA from my 120
dsc0267medium.jpg

Keep in mind that lighting is only one part of keeping an anemone happy. You will also need to make sure your water is pristine, they do not like high nutrients. Good flow and good filtration are important to keeping an anemone.

Back
Top Bottom