Can I get this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ICEnVy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Uh I don't know much about this saltwater thing..... but we have 2 PJ cardinals, one tru percula, a rose tip anemone, an assortment of mushrooms, a brittle starfish, a scooter blenny, hermits, snails, and LR. I was thinking about getting an about 2 inch long singapore angelfish, will it be compatible with my tank? It is 55gal. Thanks in advance.

Lots of angels aren't reef safe. You should read up on that one a bit. how big does it get. It may like your mushrooms.

How'd you get your tank set up with a decent amount of diversty without knowing much? How old is this tank?

Dont know much about that angel but as Austin said that alot of angels are not reef safe. Do some research

austinsdad said:
How'd you get your tank set up with a decent amount of diversity without knowing much? How old is this tank?
:lol: Like saying “Uh I don't know much about this home building thing” but now that I built my 5 room house what kind of electrical grid and plumbing should I have used?

lol Well my ex is h8z 2 luze and it was his deal. Now he ditched out for a woman twice his age and I am trying to figure all this out. So a no go on the angel? Its apparently agressive already so yeah. I am just bored by these fish that dont really do anything..... whats a good addition that moves around and is active?

Given that this was "Someone elses" tank originally, before you start buying more fish make sure that you're willing to take on the work and financial responsibilities to maintain the tank properly and care for the fish. (and that it won't ultimately just end up reminding you of him and you therefore resent the tank and neglect it)

If you're up to the task and are comfortable with keeping it, I would suggest a pair of Chromis. They're active swimmers and can be rather colorful. Perhaps adding a Yellow tang (i wouldn't recommend any other types of tang for that size tank)

You have a lot to learn and I’d highly recommend reading all the saltwater articles on this site, the articles on liveaquaria.com, & picking up a good book. All are excellent ways to get acquainted with all that’s required for this expensive hobby.

I love my Blue Reef Chromis which is always active and is fairly peaceful.

Dartfish, Gobies, & Wrasse are all reef safe but some are jumpers.

Once you understand all that's involved with taking care of the tank you could add one or two more over time.

Back
Top Bottom