Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can I have some opinions

Hey guys just chasing some opinions on my tank what you think would look good in it iv mainly got softies and some LPS Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399380827.309798.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	236297

Old 05-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Are you in the middle of a water change when you took this pic? Just asking cause your tank is only like 2/3 full

Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes I am haha just started siphoning
Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm a real stickler for cohesive/structural looking live rock...having spent 3 years arranging mine and still not satisfied. So, my advice would be to move things closer together, getting a bit of negative space going, follow the "rule of thirds" and just experiment. If you've got a beer, and you're into that sort of thing, inebriation has been shown to increase creativity in studies. Just don't go overboard...to creative and you'll think the live rock will look better outside of the tank.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can I have some opinions

I think it looks good. No need to re-arrange IMO. I don't think the "rule of thirds" is much of a rule at all. I find it to be a waste of time. You can do way cooler things without it.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Rule of thirds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But to each his own. I'd have definitely saved myself a bit of a headache if I could just be satisfied, but for me there's always a rock that can be moved just a little, or the flow could just be a little better in that corner. Then it all has to come down! I should pick a different hobby. Or maybe just glue my rock together.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know that the rule of thirds is, but I never listen to it. Just another restriction to creativity IMO.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not to fussed about flow in my tank iv got a wp40 for flow I'll have a look at that link now iv always just done what
Old 05-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What lighting do you have? Some montis and birdsnests could fill up the top left nicely. Or maybe a garden of some type (z's/p's, acans, rics, for example) can add amazing color and all very easy to care for.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Iv got 2 165watt full spectrum LEDs I wouldn't mind some montis my friend is trying to get me to get some zoas there slowly growing on me I would like a nice green monti

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com