Can I replace a clown fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have two OC clowns..ones a real {mod edit} pain.every time I stick my hand in the tank he constantly attacks me..like pesters me..I usually put him in the back of my biocide during water changes because its so annoying and its actually starting to hurt when he nips me. Anyways..I've been wanting a B&W OC for some time..can I simply rehome the clown and add a new B&W?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a risk in that the clowns you have now are a pair... adding a new one could create aggression. I have heard of it being done, but have also heard of bad experiences.

There is a risk in that the clowns you have now are a pair... adding a new one could create aggression. I have heard of it being done, but have also heard of bad experiences.

So if i decide too..should i rehome both clowns and buy a new pair. one OC one black OC?

That would probably be the safest bet... if you introduce them both at the same time and both as younger/juvies, the chance of them cohabitating in your tank will go up. Clowns after all are related to damsels and can be quite aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom