Can i top up by too much in one go??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will work, but I wouldn't worry about the algae going into the return. I'd worry about the refugium inhabitants being out of water for extended periods.
I would still get an auto top off.

I'm just not sure where I could put the auto top up canister? How many litres should be used for an auto top up?

And my water never drops too low really to dry out anything in the sump.

I should fill it so much that the water goes over the baffle should I?

That should be fine. You want as much water as you can fit without overflowing(while return is off). Leave yourself about one inch below the top of sump to be on the safe side.

That should be fine. You want as much water as you can fit without overflowing(while return is off). Leave yourself about one inch below the top of sump to be on the safe side.

But if I put too much water in the water is flowing above the baffles and that's no good is it? There's a good 3 inches above the baffle and the top of the tanks.

The second or fourth baffle should set the water level are they the same size? If so that's your water level when it's falling in to the other sections fill it to the top of that baffle. Mine is about half gal. a day. Fill it everyday.

If there different sizes the fourth baffle will set your return height. That will affect the water level in that whole section. That's what you need to topoff.

The second and fourth are the same height but thw water seems to fill up to the 1 st and 3rd baffles? Water and gravity is not fun at all lol.

Back
Top Bottom